Posted on: June 14th, 2019
Just in time for the weekend! V16, Update 2 BETA is here and with it comes a major upgrade to the 3CX SBC (Session Border Controller) so check it out and let us know what you think.
In addition to the new SBC we’ve also added a quick reference guide for users as an attachment to the welcome email and it’s already available in all main languages. And of course we’ve worked on some under the hood improvements and fixes.
The 3CX SBC is a little technical wonder, that just… works! With Update 2 Beta the SBC gets an overhaul with these new features:
- Simplified install – the install process now requires just your PBX FQDN and the SBC connection authentication key.
- SBC management – SBCs can now be remotely updated and re-configured in “Management Console” > “SIP Trunks”.
- SBC monitoring – admins can now get status updates, system and connection stats, logging and email notifications for each v16 SBC connection.
- Auto-upgraded Linux & Raspberry SBCs – manually upgraded legacy SBCs are automatically created as new SBC connections in “Management Console” > “SIP Trunks”.
Known Issues & Requirements
- The new SBC requires V16 Update 2 with a valid SSL Certificate (not self-signed).
- Pending issues to be fixed with Update 2 Release:
- SBC connection name validation.
- Updated and missing SBC translations.
- Backup & Restore label to better explain what is being backed up.
- Updated SBC Logging Level options to more suitable values.
- Tunnel Log fix to prevent excessive writing.
How to Upgrade
Click on “Updates” in the Management Console’s Dashboard, select “v16 Update 2 Beta” and click on “Download Selected” to install this update on your PBX.
Alternatively, you can get the v16 Update 2 Beta for Windows or Linux below:
View the change log for this version and give us your feedback via the community forum.