The final Android BETA App is here for you to try. What’s new in this BETA: Push Per Status support, GSM call priority over SIP calls, UI and usability improvements. If you haven’t done it already, sign-up for the 3CX Beta program and keep sending in your feedback while we prepare this ship for launch.
Push the Button
This latest Beta adds even more features to the mix:
- Set Push per Status – you can now enable / disable Push messages for each status. Just tap to configure your status and set the “Accept Push Messages” option to your liking. This feature requires the just-released v16 Update 3 Beta.
- GSM Call Priority – when you are on a GSM call and you receive a SIP call, the app now rejects the SIP call and applies the forwarding rules set for your current status.
- UI Improvements:
- Intuitive Account Selector – the new accounts dialog puts the currently active account on top, and enables you to select and switch from the list of your inactive accounts, complete with avatars. The re-designed dialog also includes a convenient “Add account” quick action as a shortcut to the “Scan QR Code” function.
- Status – the re-designed Set Status function and Set Temporary Status dialog, now better align with the new and improved UI elements in the app.
- Quick Mute – when receiving an incoming call, press the volume keys to mute the incoming call ringing notification when you don’t want to be bothered. And remember to set your status…
Requirements & Known Issues
- Requires V16 Update 2 with a valid, not self-signed, SSL certificate.
- Supported on Android 7 Nougat, Android 8 Oreo and Android 9 Pie.
Final Version Will Require V16 – How to Prepare
The next Android app release will not be in BETA, it will be a final release. If you’re running V15.5 and have no plans to move to V16 then you need to disable auto-updates from your Android device. Here’s how:
- Open Google Play Store on your device.
- Tap on the left-side burger menu and then on “Tap on My Apps and Games”.
- Under the “Installed” tab, tap on “3CX”.
- Tap on the top-right “More” menu and uncheck the “Enable auto update” option.
The old 3CX app does not work on newer Android versions. Users with active maintenance on older Android devices can use this APK install package. This APK is available as is, without any warranty or support. To install:
- Uninstall the 3CX App.
- Download the .APK file to your device (you may need a File Manager App)
- Go to “Settings” and select the “Security” option.
- Find the “Unknown sources” option.
- Activate the “Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store” option.
Remember that use of the 3CX Apps requires active maintenance or subscription. For more information on this please refer to this blog post.
Our recommendation is to upgrade to V16. It’s more secure, has more features and upgrading is easy and free.
How to Try it
Join the 3CX Beta Program and download the new Android Beta app through the Google Play Store.
You can try out this app with the latest V16 PBX: Click on “Updates” in the Management Console’s Dashboard, select “v16 Update 3 Beta” and click on “Download Selected” to install this update on your PBX. Alternatively, you can get the v16 Update 2 for Windows or Linux below:
View the change log.
Give us your feedback via the dedicated community forum.3CX is a PBX software available in Cloud Server 3CX. Contact us to find out our latest offers!