Zimbra is an enterprise collaboration software installed Contact us to find out our latest offers!
Hello Zimbra Friends, Customers & Partners,
Zimbra 8.8.9 “Curie” Patch 5 and Zimbra 8.8.8 “Turing” Patch 10 are here.
Zimbra 8.8.9 “Curie” Patch 5
Patch 5 is here for the 8.8.9 “Curie” GA release, and it includes fixes as listed in the release notes.
|Proxy: Nginx lookup does not fail over to next server when peer store server is down or can’t connect|
Note on fixes in this Patch: Please read this section before proceeding with Patch 5 installation.
- This patch includes fixes only on Proxy Components. There are no fixes in Zimbra Core modules.
- Core packages are not updated in this patch. Latest core packages can be installed by installing Zimbra 8.8.9 Patch 4. Please refer to https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/8.8.9/P4
- Because the proxy package is an add on package, Zimbra version checked with “zmcontrol -v” command will not be updated after installing the proxy package.
Note: This patch should be installed only on proxy nodes running in your environment.
Zimbra 8.8.8 “Turing” Patch 10
Patch 10 is here for the 8.8.8 “Turing” GA release, and it includes fixes as listed in the release notes.
|Nginx lookup does not fail over to next server when peer store server is down or can’t connect|
For 8.8.8 Patches, you don’t need to download any patch builds. 8.8.8 Patch packages can be installed using Linux package management commands. Please refer to the release notes for 8.8.8 Patch 10 installation on Redhat and Ubuntu platforms.
8.8.8 Patch Change:
**This note is applicable only if you are upgrading from 8.8.8 GA or 8.8.8 Patch 1 to latest patch. Ignore this if you are upgrading from 8.8.8 Patch 2 or a higher version of 8.8.8 Patch.
The 8.8.8 Patch (zimbra-patch) checks if your system is Network Edition, and if so, it adds a new Network Edition-only package repository. As a result, after the 8.8.8 Patch installation is completed, Network Edition customers will need to run another package update/upgrade process to obtain the updated Network Edition-only packages available from the newly added package repository.
Note: This patch should be installed only on all mailbox nodes running in your environment. On other nodes, other packages need to be installed to upgrade OpenJDK and ClamAV, as per the below instructions.
OpenJDK/ClamAV Installation Instructions for Non-mailbox/MTA nodes:
**This note is applicable only if upgrading from 8.8.8 Patch 4 or previous versions to Patch 10. Ignore, if you are upgrading from 8.8.8 Patch 5 or higher version of 8.8.8 Patch.
- Install zimbra-core-components package to upgrade OpenJDK on non-mailstore nodes. On mailstore nodes, OpenJDK will be updated using zimbra-patch.
- Install zimbra-mta-components package to upgrade ClamAV on Mailstore and MTA nodes. zm-patch will not update ClamAV on any nodes.
Your Zimbra TeamZimbra is an enterprise collaboration software installed Contact us to find out our latest offers!