Posted on: September 27th, 2019
The latest 3CX WebMeeting update includes upgrades to the Android and iOS apps, reinforced back-end security and functionality, not to mention a laundry list of minor updates and fixes. The whole WebMeeting platform is now more secure and agile with:
- Hardened TLS/SSL – this security overhaul introduces more secure TLS/SSL Ciphers for all WebMeeting microservices, including the converter, MCUs, portal and file transfers.
- Extended Duration – meeting duration is now increased to a maximum of 90 hours. This should take care of any marathon online meetings you have in mind or schedule.
- Expanded Remote Control – this latest update makes Remote Control now possible for quick online meetings.
- Updated UI – introducing a more modern and intuitive interface.
3CX WebMeeting App Features
The WebMeeting apps get their fair share of attention in this update, with a focus on:
- Compliance with Latest WebRTC – the apps now offer full compatibility with the most up to date WebRTC SDP schema, as implemented in recent Chrome and Firefox versions.
- Energy-saving Efficiency – up to 3X less battery usage for your Android and iOS device when participating in multi-video meetings.
And don’t forget: You can check 3CX WebMeeting’s Service Status page anytime and from anyplace monitor the service status.
Requirements & Known Issues
- You need to update to the latest Android and iOS apps to use WebMeeting. The old apps are incompatible with the current platform.