(BlueBorne background: read our previous post from Aamir Lakhani here) I have watched the BlueBorne demos and read the technical paper – it was tough! I am amazed at how the researchers managed to exploit several vulnerabilities to turn them into a PoC attack. My comments below. BlueBorne does not “spread” (as such) BlueBorne affects devices Continue Reading
Expert Q&A: A Discussion on Encryption
- in Blog Posts
- by ReadySpace United States
- July 7, 2016
- Comments Off on Expert Q&A: A Discussion on Encryption
- Tags: Aamir, Cybersecurity, debated, discussion, encryption, hotly, Lakhani Encryption, remains, topic, with
Q&A on Encryption with Aamir Lakhani Encryption remains a hotly debated topic of discussion in cybersecurity. Fortinet’s Aamir Lakhani offers some perspective on what customers think about encryption today and going forward. Why is encryption currently such a hot topic? Privacy is a major concern right now. The Edward Snowden Continue Reading
Threat Landscape Perspectives: TeamViewer Attack – Spy vs. Spy Misdirection?
- in Blog Posts
- June 2, 2016
- Comments Off on Threat Landscape Perspectives: TeamViewer Attack – Spy vs. Spy Misdirection?
- Tags: Aamir, another, changing, Cybersecurity, dynamics, example, Fortinet’s, news, TeamViewer, Today
The TeamViewer news is yet another example of the changing dynamics in cybersecurity today. Fortinet’s Aamir Lakhani offers some perspective.Why is the TeamViewer news important to consider?The TeamViewer attack appears to be an organized and sophisticated attack. We have seen criminal organizations spend a great deal of money and efforts Continue Reading