Posted on: September 13th, 2019
Τhe latest Android Beta app is picking up steam and with your feedback, keeps adding new features and functionality on the way to release! This beta version bundles new status options, video calling, optimized call and contact handling, improved chat functionality, with a laundry list of improvements and upgraded components.
Full Speed Ahead
Join the 3CX Beta Program and get the latest Beta app to try out these new features:
- Re-engineered Call & Handling:
- Silent Mode – added a new in-app “Silent” mode with muted sounds on incoming calls, a handy activation toggle and status bar indicator.
- Incoming calls answered elsewhere do not remain ringing on the Android app.
- Optimized Chat:
- Added a quick action menu to easily take ownership of a chat or transfer from the chat conversation view.
- Chat function to load conversations faster, store attachments in the “3CXPhone3CX” device folder and get permission to access the camera for photos.
- Improved Contacts – the new beta loads contacts faster and adds the ability to search by Company name.
Video Under Development
One of the upcoming features that will be included in the new Android app is the ability to accept and make video calls from the app. Watch the video to get a taster;
Requirements & Known Issues
- Requires V16 Update 2 with a valid, not self-signed, SSL certificate.
- Is supported on Android 7 Nougat, Android 8 Oreo and Android 9 Pie.
- Android 10 Q has just been released and many issues in the 3CX app have been fixed to make it compatible. Android Q brings many navigation changes, most importantly the answering incoming calls UI works like a push notification message, instead of the standard “Answer / Decline” call dialog.
How to Try it
Join 3CX Beta Program and download the new Android Beta app through the Google Play Store.
You can try out this app with the latest V16 PBX: Click on “Updates” in the Management Console’s Dashboard, select “v16 Update 3 Alpha” and click on “Download Selected” to install this update on your PBX. Alternatively, you can get the v16 Update 2 for Windows or Linux below:
Give us your feedback via the dedicated community forum.